The Early Care and Education Learning Collaboratives Project is coming to two regions in Kentucky: Jefferson County and the Lake Cumberland & Cumberland Valley areas. The project, also referred to as the “Nemours Project” involves training, technical assistance, action planning and goal setting.
The National Early Care and Education Learning Collaborative (ECELC) is a specific collaboration aligned with the goals of Let’s Move! Child Care:
- To improve healthy eating, physical activity and screen time practices in early care and education (ECE) settings.
- To increase support for breastfeeding in ECE settings.
- To improve ECE environments, related policies and programs to support these goals.
What is an ECE Learning Collaborative?
It is a community of leadership teams that gather several times a year to learn and share ideas and best practices, which are then implemented in their programs.
The collaborative will launch in the spring and learning sessions will be held in London. Technical assistance will be provided on-site at each participating program. Type 1 Child Care Centers, Public Preschool, Head Start and Early Head Start Programs in are invited to participate. The attached flyer has more details about an upcoming training opportunity for program directors that will provide an overview of the project.
Please share this recruitment flyer with the programs in these areas:
If you have any questions, please reach out to Rebekah.Duchette@ky.gov.
- Recruitment Flyer for Jefferson County ECE Directors
- Recruitment Flyer for Lake Cumberland and Cumberland Valley area ECE Directors
If we are not coming to your region but you have a child care program interested in improving physical activity, screen time, healthy eating environments help them get started on the Let’s Move! Child Care Checklist.
Recruiting for Nemours ECELC Project Cohort 2